Serious Games and Immersive Media
- Khan, Talha, Jacob T. Biehl, Edward G. Andrews, and Dmitriy Babichenko. “A systematic comparison of the accuracy of monocular RGB tracking and LiDAR for neuronavigation.” Healthcare Technology Letters (2022).
- Thomas, Teresa H., Catherine Bender, Margaret Rosenzweig, Sarah Taylor, Susan M. Sereika, Dmitriy Babichenko, Kai-Lin You, Martha Ann Terry, Lindsay M. Sabik, and Yael Schenker. “Testing the effects of the Strong Together self-advocacy serious game among women with advanced cancer: Protocol for the STRONG randomized clinical trial.” Contemporary Clinical Trials 124 (2023): 107003.
- Healy, P., You, K. L., Xu, A., Thomas, T. H., & Babichenko, D. (2022). A Narrative Serious Game to Teach Self-Advocacy Skills in Advanced Cancer. Procedia Computer Science, 206, 162-172.
- Babichenko, D., Andrews, E. G., Canton, S. P., Littleton, E. B., Patel, R., Labaze, D., & Mills, A. (2023). Evaluating Effect of Microsoft HoloLens on Extraneous Cognitive Load During Simulated Cervical Lateral Mass Screw Placement. In Proceedings of Seventh International Congress on Information and Communication Technology (pp. 191-201). Springer, Singapore.
- Khan, Talha, Edward G. Andrews, Paul A. Gardner, Arka N. Mallela, Jeffrey R. Head, Joseph C. Maroon, Georgios A. Zenonos, Dmitriy Babichenko, and Jacob T. Biehl. “AR in the OR: exploring use of augmented reality to support endoscopic surgery.” In ACM International Conference on Interactive Media Experiences, pp. 267-270. 2022.
- Babichenko, Dmitriy, Patrick Healy, and Cynthia Danford. “MountainQuest: Designing an Action/Adventure Game to Teach Children About Nutrition.” European Conference on Games Based Learning. Academic Conferences International Limited, 2021.
- Babichenko, D., Healy, P., Gomez, M., Kane-Gill, S., Littleton, B., Cohen, P. and Patel, R, “The Use of Agent-Based Models As Non-Player Characters in Serious Games,” 2020 IEEE 8th International Conference on Serious Games and Applications for Health (SeGAH), Canada.
- Thomas, T. H., Sivakumar, V., Babichenko, D., Grieve, V. L. B., & Klem, M. L. (2020). Mapping behavioral health serious game interventions for adults with chronic illness: Scoping review. Journal of Medical and Internet Research Serious Games, 8(3), e18687. PMID: 32729836
- Babichenko, D., Patel, R., Grieve, V., Canton, S., Healy, P., Littleton, E., Donnellan, N., Andrews, E. SterileAR: Evaluation of Augmented Reality and Computer Vision Approaches for Real-Time Feedback in Sterile Compounding Training. In proceedings of Immersive Learning Research Network conference (iLRN 2020).
- Babichenko, D., Druzdzel, M., Tabas, G., Benedict, N., McGee, J.B. (2019) Moving Beyond Branching: Evaluating Educational Impact of Procedurally-Generated Virtual Patients. In Proceedings of IEEE SeGAH 2019 7th International Conference on Serious Games and Applications for Health, 2019.
- Babichenko, D., Grieve, L., Bilodeau, E., Koval, D. (2019) Implementation and Assessment of Three Gamification Strategies Across Multiple Higher Education Disciplines. ECGBL 2019: 13th European Conference on Games Based Learning. Accepted for publication May 2019.
- Abraham, O, Feathers, A, Grieve, LB, Babichenko, D. Developing and piloting a serious game to educate children about over-the-counter medication safety. Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research. January 15, 2019.
- Dmitriy Babichenko, Lorin Grieve, Jonathan Velez, Kailani Bailey, Morgan Freeman, Taylor Wynn, John Lutz, Deborah Farkas, Phillip Lamberty. Beyond the Scope: Using Motion Capture Data from Bronchoscopy Simulations to Build Feedback Models. In IConference 2018 Proceedings, Sheffield, England, UK. 2018.
- Jonathan E. Velez, Taylor M. Neal, Dmitriy Babichenko, Rae-Djamaal Wallace, James McCray, Sean C. Jenkins, Adayshia Haddock, Akisha Jordan. “Leveraging Social Media to Generate Narrative for Virtual Patient Simulations.” in IConference 2017 Proceedings, Wuhan, China, 2017.
- D. Babichenko, M. Druzdzel, L. Grieve, R. Patel, J. Velez, T. Neal, J. McCray, R.-D. Wallace, and S. Jenkins, “Designing the Model Patient: Data-Driven Virtual Patients in Medical Education,” in Proceedings of IEEE SeGAH 2016 4th International Conference on Serious Games and Applications for Health, 2016.
Decision Support Systems
- Ahsan, M., Anderson, A.J., Babichenko, D., Rivers, C.R., O’Keefe, S.J., Regueiro, M.D., Schwartz, M., Hashash, J.G., Click, B.H., Koutroubakis, I. and Dunn, M.A., 2018. Su1890-Finding the Sweet Spot: The Association Between Added Dietary Sugars and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Severity. Gastroenterology, 154(6), pp.S-622.
- Ertem, F.U., Rivers, C.R., Regueiro, M.D., Click, B.H., Koutroubakis, I., Schwartz, M., Watson, A.R., Hashash, J.G., Dunn, M.A., Babichenko, D. and Binion, D.G., 2018. Su1824-Biomakers Associated with Early Endoscopic Recurrence of Postoperative Crohn’s Disease. Gastroenterology, 154(6), pp.S-597
- Gibbs, K.A., Anderson, A.J., Rivers, C.R., Click, B.H., Koutroubakis, I., Regueiro, M.D., Dunn, M.A., Schwartz, M., Hashash, J.G., Babichenko, D. and Binion, D.G., 2018. Su1926-Seven-Year Period Prevalence and Characteristics of Hypertension in a Large us Inflammatory Bowel Disease Cohort. Gastroenterology, 154(6), pp.S-635.
- Alyce JM Anderson, Benjamin Click, MD, Claudia Ramos-Rivers, MD, Debbie Cheng, MD, Dmitriy Babichenko, Jana G. Hashash, MD, Michael A. Dunn, MD, Marc Schwartz, MD, Jason Swoger, MD, Arthur Barrie, III, MD, PhD, Miguel Regueiro, MD, David G Binion, MD. The lasting impact of Clostridium difficile infection in inflammatory bowel disease: a propensity-score matched analysis. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Journal, June 5, 2017.
- Click, B., Anderson, A. M., Koutroubakis, I. E., Rivers, C. R., Babichenko, D., Machicado, J. D., & Swoger, J. (2017). “Peripheral Eosinophilia in Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease Defines an Aggressive Disease Phenotype.” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, ajg2017402.
- Anderson, A. J., Umakanthan, S., Babichenko, D., Rivers, C. R., Click, B. H., Koutroubakis, I., & Barrie, A. (2017). “Poor Consumption of Fiber, not fat, is Associated with Active Disease in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.” Gastroenterology, 152(5), S365.
- Bhattacharya, Abhik, Rao, Bhavana B, Koutroubakis, Ioannis E, Click, Benjamin, Vargas, Eric J, Regueiro, Miguel, Schwartz, Marc, Swoger, Jason M, Babichenko, Dmitriy and Hartmann, Douglas. “Silent Crohn’s Disease Predicts Increased Bowel Damage During Multiyear Follow-up: The Consequences of Under-reporting Active Inflammation.” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, 22-11, p 2665–2671, 2016.
- Anderson, Alyce JM, Benjamin Click, Claudia Ramos-Rivers, Dmitriy Babichenko, Ioannis E. Koutroubakis, Douglas J. Hartman, Jana G. Hashash et al. “Development of an Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Registry Derived from Observational Electronic Health Record Data for Comprehensive Clinical Phenotyping.” Digestive Diseases and Sciences (2016): 1-10.
- D. Babichenko and M. Druzdzel, “ADMIT – A Web-Based System to Facilitate Graduate Admission Process,” in IConference 2016 Proceedings, Philadelphia, PA, 2016.
- B. Click, C. Ramos Rivers, I. E. Koutroubakis, D. Babichenko, A. M. Anderson, J. G. Hashash, M. A. Dunn, M. Schwartz, J. Swoger, L. Baidoo, A. Barrie, M. Regueiro, and D. G. Binion, “Demographic and Clinical Predictors of High Healthcare Use in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease,” Inflammatory bowel diseases, Mar. 2016.
- Rahdari, B., Brusilovsky, P., Babichenko, D., Littleton, E., Patel, R., Fawcett, J., Blum, Z. Grapevine: A Profile-Based Exploratory Search and Recommendation System for Finding Research Advisors. In proceedings of 83rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- Rahdari, B., Brusilovsky, P., Babichenko, D. Personalizing Information Exploration with an Open User Model. In proceedings of 31st ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT’20)
- Mitchell, Leona, and Dmitriy Babichenko. “Team-Based Projects: Pittsburgh Website Redesign.” Educause Review. Educause Review, 19 Sept. 2016. Web. 19 Sept. 2016.